1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Memories of Woodman’s Contest (the “Contest”) begins 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 30, 2014 and ends 5:00 p.m. ET on July 14, 2014 (“Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Woodman’s Inc. (“Sponsor”), McDougall Interactive, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and promotion agencies involved with this Contest, and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of any such persons or entities are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest: 1) Send your Woodman’s story to email@example.com. Only one eligible Entry per person is permitted. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on Month X, 2014. Duplicate submissions per person will automatically be disqualified. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. The Entry must: 1) be complete and in English to be eligible; and 2) be the property of the entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an original work. Any Entry or portion thereof that, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, is obscene, profane, lewd or defamatory; contains any third party materials, or otherwise displays, violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity; or does not meet the requirements outlined on the Contest Website, will not be considered and may disqualify the entry.
All Entries submitted become the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be returned. Each entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works thereafter, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license (as further defined in section 8 below) at Sponsor’s reasonable request. Entry must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth in these Official Rules and at the Contest Websites. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. By entering, you understand that your Entry may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the Contest Website’s requirements will be disqualified. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the Entry will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Contest Website, will be disclosed.
5. CHOOSING THE WINNER: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, a panel of judges will select the winner from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Winner will be notified by phone/email/mail.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1 winner) – A Woodman’s clam t-shirt (ARV: $14.99). The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
7. GENERAL RULES: Decisions of the Sponsor are final with respect to all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete and return, via email/mail, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/publicity release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights within ten (10) days of notification attempt or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest, or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website(s); violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest process, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest.
8. RELEASE: By entering the Contest, you hereby grant the Sponsor, Woodman’s, their affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right (but not the obligation) and license to use, copy, modify, edit, create derivative works from, display, transmit, perform, distribute, publish, exhibit and otherwise use the submitted Entry in any and all media or form of communication, whether now existing or hereafter developed, including on Contest and Sponsor’s websites or those websites owned by Sponsor, Woodman’s, their affiliates or anyone acting with Sponsor’s authority, all for the purpose of operating and publicizing the Contest. Winners waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the entries. Winners must acknowledge Sponsor’s right to edit the Entries at its sole discretion and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, now and in the future, whether that use is known or unknown to winner. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Entries without notice to the winner. You represent and warrant that: (i) all rights to the Entry/Photo belong to you and does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances, without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and you waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest constitutes permission to the Sponsor, Woodman’s, and their agencies to use participants’ names, voice, likeness, age, city, state and/or image and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, you agree that Sponsor, Woodman’s, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by you for, any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable, or participation in this Contest or participation in any Contest related activity. You hereby waive all rights and release each of the Released Parties from any claim or cause of action, whether now known or unknown, of any kind, including but not limited to defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar matter, relating to the Contest, the operation thereof, or any Entry, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the Entries as contemplated herein, or use in composite form, either intentionally or otherwise. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.